The next chapter begins. Start streaming the new season of The Mandalorian Oct. 30 on Disney+.
“The new season is about introducing a larger story in the world. The stories become less isolated, yet each episode has its own flavor, and hopefully we’re bringing a lot more scope to the show.”―Jon Favreau on Season Two.
The series is set five years after the events of Return of the Jedi (1983) and the fall of the Empire, The Mandalorian follows Din Djarin, a lone bounty hunter in the outer reaches of the galaxy. In the second season, Djarin and “The Child” continue on their quest from the end of the first season, as they are pursued by Moff Gideon.
The second season is set to introduce a new slew of characters who Disney is hoping to spin-off into their own series or films in the future.
- Michael Biehn as a bounty hunter.
- Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano, the former Jedi Padawan of Anakin Skywalker turned spymaster for the Rebel Alliance.
- Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett, a notorious bounty hunter utilizing Mandalorian equipment who seemingly died in Return of the Jedi. Morrison previously voiced the character in various Star Wars media.
- Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan Kryze, the former ruler of Mandalore and leader of a Mandalorian group called the Nite Owls. Sackhoff reprises the role from the animated series The Clone Wars and Rebels.
- Timothy Olyphant as Cobb Vanth, a former slave who acquired Boba Fett’s Mandalorian armor. The character was previously featured in the Star Wars: Aftermath trilogy of novels.
Additionally, Sasha Banks has been cast in an undisclosed role.